Humming Along Stamp Set
Sale Price: $14.40
Product ID : 3376
Humming Along Tip Sheet
1. The large hummingbird image is made up of five main parts, with a few extra optional details. The smaller bird is broken down into four parts. This allows you to create beautiful multi-color images. Look at images of real hummingbirds for some color combo ideas.
2. The fuchsia flowers consist of four steps. Try stamping the flowers in shades of pinks and purples to mimic real fuchsia blooms.
3. The petunia flowers consist of five steps for a realistic look. Play around with different color combos - pinks and purples, or even deep burgundy and magenta.
4. Sponge some aqua or pale blue ink to the top of a panel of white cardstock to provide a pretty backdrop for the fuchsia flowers.
5. Stamp the hummingbird onto watercolor paper, then use a damp brush to “blur” the edges of the image to create a softer watercolor effect.
6. Look through your stamp collection for other flowers to pair with the hummingbirds. The Year of Flowers collection, the hibiscus from the Some Like it Hot set, and the Flower Favorites sets are just a few of the many sets in the Papertrey lineup that would work wonderfully with the hummingbirds from this set.
7. The pot from the Bloom & Grow kit is a great size to pair with the petunias from this set.
8. Stamp the fuchsia images in light shades of pinks, purples, and greens, then diecut the fuchsias and stamp them in deeper colors. Layer the diecut over the stamped images to create the illusion of depth.
9. An easy way to create a background for these pretty birds and flowers, is to sponge ink onto cardstock, then spritz with water to add texture and create a faux watercolor effect.
10. The “wings were ready but our hearts were not” sentiment has three different words that can be added to the start of the sentiment (he, her, your) allowing you to customize the sentiment.
Hummingbirds are amazing creatures, marvels of both beauty and physics. With the Humming Along set you’ll be able to incorporate a little or their beauty into your paper crafting. This set contains multi-step hummingbirds in two different sizes, as well as a few of their favorite flowers such as fuchsias and petunias. The sentiments, done in a gorgeous contemporary script font, offer some unique sayings that coordinate perfectly with the hummingbird theme and span several different occasions.
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on divided between two 4x6 acetate sheets. The large assembled hummingbird measures 2 3/8” wide and 3” high. The small assembled hummingbird measures 1 3/8” wide and 1 5/8” high. The petunia cluster measures 2-1/8”. The fuchsia cluster measures 2” wide and 2 1/2” high. The “hover in the moment…” sentiment measures 1 3/8” wide and 1 3/8” high. The “Practice random kindness…” sentiment measures 7/8” wide and 1 3/8” high. The “her/his/your wings were ready…” sentiment measures 1 1/8” wide and 1 5/8” high. The “spread joy” sentiment measures 1 1/8” wide and 7/8” high. The “go ahead and fly” sentiment measures 1/2” wide and 3/4” high.
Sale Price: $5.00 Sale Price: $2.50
Sale Price: $15.00 Sale Price: $9.00
Sale Price: $5.00 Sale Price: $3.50