Background Basics: Galaxy Stamp Set
Sale Price: $12.60
Product ID : 3237
Background Basics: Galaxy Tip Sheet :
1. The background strips in this set layer together to create a multicolor star scape.
2. The strips are long enough to reach from one of the top corners to the diagonal
bottom corner of a standard A2 card front.
3. Stamp the star strips in a neutral ink and then add pops of color using the individual
solid stars to fill select images in the strip.
4. Use the star strip on its own for more modern, graphic projects.
5. Try heat embossing the star strips with glitter or metallic embossing powders on dark
colored cardstock for a quick and easy background.
6. Sprinkle rhinestones or sequins in with the stars for a little extra sparkle.
7. Heat emboss the star strips with white embossing powder onto watercolor paper and
then use watercolors, reinkers or watercolor markers to paint over the images and create
a resist background.
8. Stamp the banner image from the set onto a die cut banner to give it a pattern. The
die is slightly smaller than the stamp to make edge-to-edge coverage a snap.
9. The banner image can also be stamped directly onto a card base to act as a shadow
for a die cut banner.
10. Use the small star cluster or the individual solid star images to embellish a sentiment.
Add the brilliance of the cosmos to all of your projects with this multistep background set. Background Basics: Galaxy also includes sentiments and a banner accent image that perfectly coordinates with the Number the Stars stamp set and banner die for even more starry style options.
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on one 4” by 8” sheet. The star and stardust strips measure 7” long by about 1 1/3” tall. The striped banner measures 2 3/4” long by just over 4/5” tall. The largest individual solid star measures about 1/2” square. The smallest individual solid star measures 1/10” square. The “hip, hip, hooray” sentiment measures just over 1 1/2” long by 7/10” tall.