Background Basics: Houndstooth Stamp Set
Product ID : 2405
1. Stamp a houndstooth pattern in Versamark for a subtle background pattern.
2. Heat emboss your stamped houndstooth background for a bit of added texture.
3. Stamp both small and large scale houndstooth backgrounds onto different die cut
flower layers for that extra special touch.
4. Stamp onto colored cardstock, in a contrasting colored ink, for a bit of boldness.
5. Combine both the small and large-scale houndstooth stripes into your stamped
background to add an unexpected touch to your projects.
6. Onto the bottom of your image panel, stamp the houndstooth in green to create a
grassy ground for your flower or animal images.
7. To help your die-cut shapes really stand out, add a stamped houndstooth pattern onto
them. Stamp the small-scale pattern onto smaller die cuts and the large-scale pattern
onto larger pieces.
8. Stamp multiple rows of houndstooth, in different colors, to create a colorful rainbow
9. For a realistic and high fashion look, stamp your houndstooth background onto fabric
10. For another high fashion look, stamp a strip of cardstock with the houndstooth
pattern. Pleat or ruffle the strip and use it to embellish your card as a fabric trim.
11. Find color inspirations through the world of fashion (clothing or home décor), look
either online or through magazines for the latest trends.
Background Basics: Houndstooth is a modern and clean take on a textile classic that perfectly compliments any style project. This set includes two stripes, a large-scale and a small-scale, that are designed in such a way to make lining up the edges of each image a snap, allowing you to easily stamp an entire card front in no time. This high fashion background building set is a must have!
This set comes on a single 4x6 acetate sheet. Background stripes measure approximately 4 3/4” wide and 1” to 1 1/4" high.