Background Basics: Splats Stamp Set
Product ID : 3145
Background Basics: Splats Tip Sheet :
1. Try stamping these backgrounds in black and white for a truly bold and graphic look.
Using watermark ink would give a more subtle result.
2. Gradients of color would be a nice alternative; and a rainbow palette would be super
3. Create an all-over background pattern with these stamps or use them to create unique
4. The small background blocks in this set are perfect for adding this pattern to small die
cuts. They look particularly fetching on alphabets.
5. The small blocks are also perfect for creating a sort of patchwork or checkerboard
pattern to your backgrounds.
6. Use the smaller dotted strip to represent snow on a winter or holiday card. Dress the
dots up even further by embellishing with flocking or glitter.
7. Pair these backgrounds with the Wet Paint collection for projects that are both casual
8. Repeatedly stamp these images over themselves along the bottom edge of your card
using a variety of earth-toned inks to create a pebbled “ground” for scene building.
9. Try using an emboss resist technique with these backgrounds. Sponging and
watercolor would both look great!
10. Rotate the background stripes for an even more random looking pattern.
There’s something so charming about quirky, irregular backgrounds. Background Basics: Splats has just the right amount of whimsy for all of your paper crafting projects. The large patterned strips make full backgrounds or unique borders a breeze, while the patterned mini blocks allow you to add a reverse design to smaller elements. You’ll fall in love with these delightful dots in no time at all!
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on a single 4x8 acetate sheet. Both the thick and thin stripe pattern measure approximately 5 3/4" x 1 1/2". Both small patterned stamps measure approximately 1" x 1 1/2".