Brushed Birds Stamp Set
Product ID : 3470
1. Each bird consists of three steps — the bird base, feather/shading detail, and beak/eye/feet. The various pieces are labeled on the index sheet for easy reference.
2. Try using the rock ’n roll technique to add shading, or incorporate additional colors into the stamped images to really bring the birds to life.
3. Each bird base has some “white” areas to mimic a watercolor look. After stamping, take a small brush and your favorite watercolor medium to add some additional color to those areas for an even more artistic effect.
4. The smaller sentiments in the set can be combined with the “serenity” word to create several different sentiments. Many of them are particularly well-suited to sympathy or encouragement cards.
5. Do a bit of water coloring with your favorite medium to create a base or “grounding” area for the birds.
6. Combine these birds with your favorite floral set. Brushed Blooms would be a great companion set.
7. Combine these birds with the Cover Plate: Nesting die — the birds will nestle perfectly on the branch.
8. The Brushed Birds set also pairs nicely with the Nesting stamp set.
9. Use a pen or marker to draw a curved line to create a “wire”. Stamp several of the small front-facing birds lined up on the wire.
10. Use a pen to add some free-hand details to the birds’ feathers.
Birds are often a stamper’s favorite, and these sweet birds with an artistic flair will be a beautiful addition to your collection. The simple-to-stamp three-step images come to life with just a few impressions. Bring them to life even more by using inking techniques such as the rock ’n roll technique to add more color and beautiful shading. The sentiments included in the set are perfect for encouragement and sympathy cards.
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on a single 4x6 acetate sheet. The larger front-face bird measures 1 3/8” wide and 1 3/4” high. The smaller front-facing bird measures 7/8” wide and 1 1/8” high. The larger side-view bird measures 1 7/8” wide and 1 1/2” high. The smaller side-view bird measures 1 3/8” wide and 1” high. The “serenity” sentiment measures 2 7/8” wide and 3/4” high. The “choose” sentiment measures 7/8” wide and 1/8” high. The “is peace…” sentiment measures 2 1/4” wide and just under 1/8” high.