Chicken Scratch Stamp Set
Product ID : 2987
Chicken Scratch Tip Sheet :
1. Search "chicken scratch" on Pinterest to come up with patterns to use on your projects.
2. Stamp just the stitches on your project, using Cover Plate: Chicken Scratch as a guide
3. Stamp your gingham in a light ink such as Fine Linen, Lemon Tart, Spring Rain, or
Spring Moss and use one or two darker colors to add the stitches over top.
4. Alternatively, stamp your gingham in a dark ink and add your stitches using Versamark
and white embossing powder.
5. Add a small Chicken Scratch motif inside a stamped embroidery hoop like those found
in Stitched with Love and Stitched Sentiments.
6. Create a stitching project with the Papertrey Ink Stitching Dies using Heat N' Bond and
gingham fabric. Using floss, add a chicken scratch motif to your project. Then stamp a
card using ink in the same color as your gingham fabric and match the stitched design
with the Chicken Scratch stamp set.
7. Simple designs can be stamped on your projects using just the stitches.
8. Stamp the gingham on the Cover Plate: Chicken Scratch die cut and add your stitches
with floss for a hybrid project.
9. The "we all make mistakes" sentiment was designed to go inside a card.
10. Use the various gingham pieces to add a swatch of stamped gingham, in any size, to
It's time to kick your gingham backgrounds up a level by taking them back in time with the vintage-style Chicken Scratch stitches. It is also known as Amish embroidery, gingham cross-stitch, or depression lace. Chicken Scratch is the craft of using gingham patterned fabric as a stitching guide for creating a faux lace applique on projects. Instead of using floss, use ink to create the same effect for gorgeous backgrounds and focal points on your paper projects. For additional versatility, the stitch patterns in Chicken Scratch coordinate with the holes in the Cover Plate: Chicken Scratch die and the large scale gingham pattern in Background Basics: Gingham.
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on one 4x6 acetate sheet. The large, eight petal flower measures approximately 1 3/4” by 1 3/4”. The "good intentions" sentiment measures approximately 3 inches by 3/4”. The eight square gingham strip measures approximately 2 5/8” by 3/8”.