Holiday Button Bits Stamp Set
Product ID : 2171
1. When creating either the Santa or snowman, you will want to stamp the image an extra
time on a separate piece of paper and cut out the head & hat band only with the Santa
and the neck portion of the scarf only on the snowman. Adhere these to the top of the
button body with your favorite adhesive.
2. You can attach the buttons to your stamped images with adhesive (like glue dots) or
stitch it in place with twine or floss.
3. When stitching a button in place, stamp the image first, position the button where you
like and poke a paper piercer though each of the button holes to pierce through your
cardstock. With this process, it is easy to stitch your button in the perfect spot to
compliment your image.
4. With many of the "trio" images (holly, ornaments, etc...) don't be afraid to use
several different colors of buttons to establish a fun color scheme.
5. Layering the thinner buttons on top of each other can give you fabulous dimension
with these images.
6. Try adding flock to Santa's beard for a more realistic look.
7. The stitched "ground" image shown below the Christmas tree is separate and can also
be used in conjunction with the other images from the set.
8. Don't forget that you can alter your buttons before adding them to your project. The
addition of glitter to your buttons, patterns drawn with Copics or even bits of patterned
paper can add to the fun!
9. To spice things up, you can dig out your smaller circle punches and use punched
patterned papers & colored cardstocks instead of buttons to complete the images in the
10. The bow for the gift is an image by itself. To add it to a "gift", stamp it then punch it
out with a 1.75" square punch. Try using patterned papers in addition to cardstock for
Holiday Button Bits is a follow up to our original set, Everyday Button Bits. This innovation, exclusively from Papertrey Ink, allows you to use our popular vintage buttons as focal points! All of the gray circles in the illustrations above represent where you, the artist, have the ability to complete each image with the buttons of your choice. Whether you stitch them or stick them, you'll love to explore your button collection with a new point of view as you build & experiment with all of the different combinations this set can achieve! The large variety of sentiments provide the perfect finishing touch to your button creations, bringing meaning & heart to everything you use this holiday set for!
*This stamp set does include a CD case.
This set comes divided between two 4x6-inch acetate sheets. The holly image measures 2.5" wide and 2.75" tall. The Santa image measures 1.5" tall and 1.25" wide. The gingerbread man measures 2" tall and 1.75" wide.