In the Shadows Mini Stamp Set
Product ID : 3391
In the Shadows Tip Sheet
1. The various ovals in this set are perfect for adding a “grounding shadow” to nearly any other image from your stamp collection. Grounding shadows help to “ground”, or give visual weight to an image.
2. The shadows may look best stamped in shades of blue or gray, but don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors for a fun, modern interpretation.
3. The simple ovals from the set could also be used to create backgrounds. Stamp them repeatedly, allowing them to overlap.
4. Stamp a cluster of ovals in the corner of your card to create a fun background for a sentiment.
5. Combining one of the shadows from this set with a smaller image can help give more prominence to that image. For example, a smaller image that you would otherwise feel is too small to act as a focal point image can be combined with a shadow, giving it more weight and visual presence.
6. Try inking one of the shadows, then misting with water before stamping onto your project to give a more abstract, watercolor appearance.
7. Stamp a few of the ovals in a cluster to create abstract clouds.
8. Stamp one of the ovals behind a sentiment to draw more attention to it.
9. Use the irregular shadows with clear embossing powder to create “puddles” and combine with your favorite rain, raindrop, or other weather related products.
10. Create a “spotlight” effect by stamping one of the ovals, then use a ruler to lightly pencil some “rays” coming from the spotlight. Sponge some ink into this area to create the spotlight ray. This idea would be cute combined with any of the Dress Up Dolls, Ballerina Beauty set, etc.
This handy little mini set is filled with various sized ovals and more to use as grounding shadows. Combine them with other images in your stamp collection to provide the perfect finishing touch that will give your images a bit more depth and dimension.
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on a single 3x4 acetate sheet. The assorted ovals range in size from 2 1/2” wide and 5/8” high to 1 1/4” wide and 1/4” high. The larger irregular shadow measures 2 3/8” wide and 7/8” high. The smaller irregular shadow measures 1 5/8” wide and 1/2” high.