Orchid Expressions Stamp Set
Product ID : 3566
Orchid Expressions Tip Sheet
1. Do a quick internet search to get some color inspiration for stamping the orchids. Orchids come in many colors, ranging from deep purples to bright greens.
2. There are two different stems included in the set. One is tall and includes the leaves. The other is shorter, without leaves, so it can be used to create borders, accents, and more.
3. There is an oval included in the stamp set that can be used to stamp “dirt” in the pot.
4. The orchid blooms consist of three steps. Start with the most solid layer, using your lightest ink color, then stamp the second layer with a darker color, and finally, stamp the third detail layer in the darkest color.
5. The stem/leaves image consists of two steps. Stamp the solid layer in a lighter color and the detail layer in the darker color.
6. Combine these orchids with your favorite geometric designs, either dies or background stamps, to create a pretty design with an exotic feel.
7. Stamp a background using palms and branches, such as those in the Palm Prints set for a tropical look.
8. Stamp just the orchid blooms and matching shorter stem in the corners of a card, allowing the flowers to extend off the edges of the card front.
9. The Shape Shifters: Square 2 die has a pretty, geometric design that would work nicely with the Orchid Expressions set.
10. Stamp the bamboo pole and the two small “ties” to connect the orchid stem to the bamboo pole.
Give your projects an elegant, exotic look with the Orchid Expressions set. Expressive, and a bit abstract, the orchids in this set were adapted from original watercolor artwork and will give a hand-painted feel to all of your projects. The layered blooms come to life when stamped with your favorite ink colors. The orchid bloom can be combined with the pot included in the set, or used with the shorter stem to create borders, clusters, and accents. The font chosen for the sentiments is the perfect complement to the style of the flowers included in this set, and gives the perfect finishing touch for projects for many different occasions.
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on a single 4x8 acetate sheet. The assembled orchid including the pot measures 2” wide and 4 3/4” high. The pot alone measures 1 1/2” wide and 1 1/4” high. The bamboo pole measures 1/8” wide and 4” high. The orchid bloom with the shorter stem measures 1 1/2” wide and 2 7/8” high. The “thinking of you” sentiment measures 1” wide and 5/8” high. The “thank you” sentiment measures 1” wide and 7/8” high. The “happy birthday” sentiment measures 1-1/2” wide and 7/8” high. The “enjoy” sentiment measures 1” wide and 7/8” high.