Paper Clippings: Birthday Stamp Set
Product ID : 3214
Paper Clippings: Birthday Tip Sheet :
1. Build a colorful layer cake with the multi-step stamps included in this set.
2. The straight line included in the set can be used as a balloon string. Try stamping it
just above the large flourishes in the word “happy” to make it appear as if the balloons are
tied to the word.
3. The “to you” and “friend” sentiments fit nicely under the curve at the bottom of the
4. The large coordinating die can be stamped with the images from this set, or left one
color for a look that mimics intricate paper cutting. Another option would be to color the
die cut with markers or watercolor pens.
5. Layer the coordinating banner die cut over the large main die and adhere with foam
tap for extra dimension.
6. Add some glitter to the candle flames for a bit of sparkle and shine.
7. Ink the balloon images with one color, and then roll edge in a darker shade of ink to
create some pretty shading.
8. Try pairing the large “happy” sentiment with other sentiments from your collection for
9. Use just one or two layers of the cake to create a shorter cake. The frosting layers are
together on one stamp, but they are far enough apart that you can ink just one or two, if
desired. You could also try inking them in different colors.
10. Heat emboss the frosting image with white or colored embossing powder for
dimensional “frosting”. Add glitter for a little sparkle.
Scherenschnitte, which means “scissor cuts” in German, is the art of intricate paper cutting. Now you can easily capture a similar look in your own paper crafting with the Paper Clippings series of stamps and dies. The Paper Clippings: Birthday Stamp Set includes an oversized sentiment, perfect for any birthday boy or girl young or old! Pair the stamps with the oversized coordinating die, or use them alone to create stunning stamped focal points on your cards and projects.
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on a single 4x6 acetate sheet. The “happy” sentiment measures 3 7/8” wide and just under 1 1/2” high. The “birthday” banner measures 4” wide and 1 1/4” high. The assembled layer cake measures 1 1/2” wide and 2 3/4” high. The largest balloon measures just under 3/4” wide and 7/8” high. The “to you” sentiment measures 1” wide and 1/4” high.