Text & Texture: Agate Stamp Set
Product ID : 3526
Text & Texture: Agate Tip Sheet
1. Stamp the agate background in a light gray ink onto watercolor paper, then use wa-tercolors to color the image. The ink will “disappear” leaving you with a design that looks like you watercolored the design freehand.
2. Stamp the agate background with versamark and heat emboss with either white or metallic powder. Then color with the method of your choice - this would be especially pretty with watercolors.
3. Add some gold foiling to a few of the “rings” of the agate for a dramatic effect.
4. Use a craft knife to cut out the center area from the agate background. Use this panel to create a shaker card and fill the center with chunky glitter to mimic the look of a geode.
5. The agate background would be great for simple tone-on-tone backgrounds as well, especially for masculine cards. Simply stamp the image onto colored cardstock using a darker shade of ink.
6. To make coloring simpler, try stamping the image onto colored cardstock, then only coloring some of the rings with darker shades of markers or colored pencils.
7. The agate background could be used for other things as well. Color it in shades of blue to look like water.
8. The background could also resemble a topographical map, which is currently trendy. Do an online search for “topographical maps” for inspiration for color choices. This would be great on masculine cards!
9. Need color inspiration for your stamped agates? Do an online search - there are some amazing color combinations!
10. This set would also pair nicely with the You’re a Gem sentiment set.
Stamp easy and beautiful backgrounds using our full-sized background sets, which allow you to stamp an A2 card with just one impression. The Text & Texture: Agate set features a 5 3/4” square background, along with a handful of coordinating sentiments. The agate background set is just begging to be colored with your favorite medium. From markers to water color, you’ll have fun mimicking the look of these beautiful natural wonders. Add some gold details for a striking and elegant effect, or get creative with other ways to use this background, such as water or even a topographical map.
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on a single 6” x 8” sheet. The background block measures 5-3/4” square. The “carve your blessings in stone” sentiment measures 1-1/2” wide and 1-7/8” high. The “rock” sentiment measures 1-3/4” wide and 1” high. The “you” sentiment measures 7/8” wide and 1/2” high.