Textile Impressions Stamp Set
Sale Price: $10.50
Product ID : 3377
Textile Impressions Tip Sheet
1. Traditionally, mud cloth textiles are created in black and white, but these patterns would also look beautiful in full color. Why not give both a try?
2. Create a more subtle background by stamping the patterns onto colored cardstock using a coordinating ink or watermark ink for a tone-on-tone look.
3. The long dotted border can be used with both the large and short chevron strips. Just stamp once for the large strip or twice (it will fill in every other “v”) for the small strip.
4. The triangle images can be used to create borders, two-part, or four-part blocks. On the four-part blocks, try pairing two different patterned triangles. Stamp one block twice, mirroring itself (making a sort of hourglass shape). Then do the same with another block rotated 90º.
5. The “X” shaped image can be used alone or paired with the dotted “v” shapes for a two-tone design.
6. Use the block of five stacked chevrons on either side of your sentiment to draw attention to your greeting.
7. Heat emboss your pattern onto white cardstock or watercolor paper and then blend ink or paint over the embossing to make the pattern visible.
8. Use the pattern strips to stamp a frame or border around a focal point.
9. Stamp border images in a ROY G BIV pattern to create a rainbow.
10. Create an all-over background pattern by stacking several of the design strips and stamping repeatedly to cover a card front.
This set was inspired by the bold, geometric prints emblazoned on African mud cloth fabrics. These lines, dots, and triangles come together to build patterns brimming with ethnic sophistication. Traditionally produced in striking black and white, with Textile Impressions now you have the freedom to create in adventurous color! Where will your imagination take you?
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on one 4” by 6” sheet. The large chevron strip measures 3 1/2” x 3/10”. The small chevron strip measures 3 1/2” x 1/8”. The patterned triangles measure 1 1/2” x 5/8”. The “X” square measures 1” x 1”. The “Thank You” sentiment measures 2 1/2” x 7/10”. The “Hello” sentiment measures 1 1/2” x 3/8”. The stacked chevrons image measures 1/2” x 4/5”.