Winter Village Stamp Set
Product ID : 3271
Winter Village Tip Sheet :
1. Each of the three buildings in the set is divided into three steps. This allows you to
play with different shades of ink to create a light vs. shadow effect. Try choosing a
neutral color for the roof, then choose a light and dark shade of any color for the building
portion. For example, use Smokey Shadow for the roof, and then use Green Parakeet
and New Leaf for the sides of the building.
2. In addition to using different shades of ink, as outlined above, try incorporating the
rock ‘n roll technique to add even more shading and depth to the images.
3. You can use each of the buildings individually to create a small scene with a few trees,
etc., or you can use all of the buildings to build a scene that will fill an entire card front!
4. The wavy lines in the set are snowdrifts. Stamp them in a soft blue or aqua onto a
white background, or stamp them with Fresh Snow ink onto a darker background. Add
some glitter to them for a bit of sparkle!
5. Add glitter, or accents using a white pen, to any of the trees for a magical snowy
6. Stamp the pond, then coat it with dimensional glaze for a realistic ice effect. Layer the
skaters over the top using the coordinating dies.
7. Many of the images in the Petite Places series are also the perfect size to mix with the
Winter Village set, opening up so many more options for accessorizing your village! The
pick-up truck from the Petite Places: City Station set would be perfect parked outside one
of the Winter Village houses.
8. Play around with creating different backgrounds for your village scenes. The
Background Basics: Galaxy set would be perfect for creating starry night scenes.
9. Experiment with different color combinations when building your village scenes.
Choose lots of bright, holiday colors for a fun look, or stamp everything in a
monochromatic color scheme for a very modern feel.
10. The coordinating dies feature small dies for adding snow to the roof of each building.
Inspired by vintage greeting cards, the Winter Village set is perfect for creating beautiful holiday scenes. Stamp the multi-step buildings with different shades of ink to create the illusion of light and shadow. Use a single building, or build an entire village on your next project. There’s no shortage of sweet details to embellish your scenes such as mailboxes, several different trees, a horse and sleigh dashing through the snow, skaters gliding over a frozen pond, and more. A few sentiments round out the collection, done in a gorgeous font pairing that’s reminiscent of days gone by!
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes divided between two 4x6 acetate sheets. The assembled church measures 2” wide and 2 1/8” high. The larger house measures 2” wide and 1 5/8” high. The smaller house measures 1 5/8” wide and 1 14” high. The pond measures 1 7/8” wide and 1 1/4” high. The sleigh measures 1 1/4” wide and 3/4” high. The largest deciduous tree measures 1” wide and 1 3/8” high. The largest evergreen tree measures 3/4” wide and 1 1/8” high. The “Peace on Earth” sentiment measures 1 7/8” wide and 1” high. The “Season’s Greetings” sentiment measures 2 1/2” wide and 3/4” high. The “Merry Christmas” sentiment measures 1 5/8” wide and 7/8” high. The road measures 2 1/8” wide and 1 7/8” high.