Woodblock Prints Stamp Set
Product ID : 3222
Woodblock Prints Tip Sheet :
1. Use these motifs alone as a focal point in conjunction with a pretty sentiment or
2. Repeat several motifs in a row to create a border at the top and/or bottom of your card
3. Cover your entire card front with a repeating pattern to create a unique background.
4. Heat emboss the motifs in white on white cardstock, then watercolor over them for an
emboss resist look.
5. Get a pretty ombré effect by inking a motif in a lighter color, then dabbing one end of it
in a darker color, allowing the two colors to blend slightly on the stamp.
6. Hints of gold with bright bold colors are a traditional Indian look with these types of
patterns. Do a quick internet search for some great inspiration using these combinations.
7. Try stamping with bleach on paper or fabric using these images.
8. Add small details or dots around the motifs using a metallic pen, gold especially would
be appropriate for an authentic look.
9. When creating a full background or border, start at the center and work your way out.
10. Create your own woodblock print fabric by using fabric paint. Use a brayer to apply
the paint to the stamp, and be sure to wash thoroughly with water when the project is
Woodblock Prints was inspired by vintage carved woodblocks that are used for traditional Indian fabric printing. Use these motifs alone as a focal point or repeat them to create borders and backgrounds. The possibilities are truly endless!
*This stamp set does not include a CD case.
This set comes on a 4x6 acetate sheet. The large square tile design measures 1 1/2" x 1 1/2". The assembled large paisley design measures 2 1/2" x 2". The dotted border measures 2" x 1/4". The vine and floral image measures 1 1/2" x 7/8".