Year-Round Puns Mini Stamp Set
Product ID : 2051
My Punny Valentine Tip Sheet :
1. Try your hand at making a wooly sheep, similar to the style that you may have found in
the old-fashioned “Pat the Bunny” books. Die-cut a scalloped shape from your cardstock
and back it with your own wooly medium. It could be soft and cuddly like fleece or
chenille, or it could be textural like batting or felt. Just cut out the head and legs and add
it to your sheep’s body. You can click HERE for step by step directions and an example.
2. You could also use Liquid Applique with the sheep’s body.
3. Make the pie more realistic by adding your own homemade scratch & sniff detail. Mix
cinnamon, nutmeg and any other classic pie spice with clear embossing powder. (about 1
part spices to 1 part embossing powder). Stamp your pie as you normally would with ink.
Then re-ink the top portion of the pie with Versamark and stamp back on top of the pie
(don’t worry; it will be easy to line up because the stamps are clear!). Sprinkle on your
homemade concoction and heat to set. When the recipient opens their card, the scent of
homemade pie will fill the air!
4. Use flock with the squirrel for a realistic fuzziness that kids won’t be able to resist!
5. Try adding detail to your pit plate by making it from patterned paper. Stamp with
Versamark onto patterned paper, heat and cut out. The glossiness really adds to the
look of it being a real pie dish! You can go HERE to see an example of this technique.
6. Use the pie stamp to create a nice welcome to the neighborhood card for someone
new in your area and whip up one of your famous pie recipes to go along with it! Or if you
don’t cook, pick one up from the bakery!
7. The squirrel looks really cute with a sentiment overlaid directly on top of him. You can
see an example of this HERE.
8. With both the heart-shaped acorn & strawberry, it is easiest to stamp the topper first
and bottom second.
The perfect companion set for My Punny Valentine! With this small addition, you will be able to utilize the fun images year-round, not just for Valentine's Day! With a total of 12 sentiment combinations, you will be able to make projects fitting for almost any occasion!
This set comes on one 3x4 sheet (without our standard storage case). The "You warm my heart" sentiment measures 2-inches wide and 3/8-inches tall.